Shabby Chic

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Strawberry Chia Pudding

This morning I had a very nice breakfast treat. I was getting tires of my usual eggs so this was a nice way to mix things up a bit. My new breakfast treat I enjoyed this morning was strawberry chia pudding. I must say, I was quiet impressed with this dish. After looking up several recipes, I finally zoned in on one, and added my own flair to it.

I hooked up my blender and started with one cup unsweetened vanilla almond coconut milk poured into the blender.



Then I added five strawberries to the milk and blended them together until the strawberries were mixed well. Just look at those gorgeous berries!


Next I added one teaspoon vanilla extract, and one packet of sweetener. Some people eat chia pudding unsweetened, or add honey. Then I blended the mixture together for a few seconds.

Once the mix is blended, pour into a pint jar or cup and add two tablespoons chia seeds. Stir in the chia seeds with a spoon until they are spread throughout.


Cover and let the pudding refrigerate two or more hours. Stir occasionally so the chia seeds don't settle in the bottom. I actually left mine in the fridge overnight and it was perfect this morning!



I topped my chia pudding with organic unsweetened coconut flakes. You can also top the pudding with berries, coco powder, or even almond slivers. The possibilities with chia pudding are almost endless. Isn't it a gorgeous pudding?


Chia seeds contain lots of fiber and is a great low carb breakfast alternative to oatmeal or cereal.


Hope y'all enjoyed the post!

Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment