Shabby Chic

Friday, March 4, 2016

Living lowcarb (day 4!)

WooWho! It's the weekend! I absolutely love weekends! I used to love them because it meant cheat days and lots of chocolate desert goodies. I now love the weekend because my wonderful hubby is home with me all day. I also get to take a break from spoiling myself and allow him to take over. It works out wonderfully! ;) 

This morning was no exception to any other morning this week. I started out with my leftover egg frittatas. They were still just as yummy after being warmed up as they were fresh out of the oven. 



I almost kinda skipped lunch. I wasn't feeling very hungry, but I also knew I needed to fuel up for our workout. I decided to have an avocado and a string cheese. It was perfect for my pre-workout fuel. 



Since my back is still just a little sore I decided to skip all weights and just focus on cardio. I did 2 miles on the treadmill. I actually jogged 1/2 of a mile. I was pretty proud of myself. My face turned bright red and my blood vessels look as if they might pop out of my neck at any given second, but I was proud! Onlookers were gathered around with their phones out, video player on, and just waiting for the epic collapse they knew was going take place. I really hate I disappointed them this time. With my eyes swimming in a pool of salty water I raised my hand and pointed my pointer finger to the heavens, (like all the professional sports athletes do,) and ran out of the facility like a true star! :) Once I was out of camera view I collapsed. I mean really collapsed! Whew! I am so glad I got that over and done. 




My mamaw Opal loves nothing more than what she calls a "Fannie farkle." Fannie farkle is actually the name of the place, not what she orders, but I'll never tell her that. ;) Her "Fannie farkle" consist of a griddle cooked polish sausages, green peppers, and onions on a hoagie bun. Tonight I made a healthy version of her favorite dish. I found chicken sausages at Aldi's grocery store and they even had spinach in them. Double score!!! I cooked up the sausages, green peppers, onion, and tomatoes. I spiced the ingredients up with crushed red pepper, garlic, and paprika. The dish smelled heavenly as it simmered on the stove. After devouring every last drop Chris proclaimed this dish a keeper. :) 




My two aunts, Sharon and Carol, have decided they wished I lived closer to them so that they could also partake of my cooking adventures. One aunt even suggested buying the groceries. That suggestion is almost enough persuasion in itself for me to move. Almost. ;) 

While I cleaning up the dishes Chris came over and kissed me. He then thanked me for "taking care of his belly." What a swell guy! I did find that the perfect invitation to say, "you know, you can show your appreciation to me by taking me somewhere tomorrow that I've never been." When I told him the place he looked puzzled, but partially agreed. Make sure you come back tomorrow to see if and/or where I want to go. 

Hope y'all enjoyed the post. 

Till tomorrow,
Lacey 




No comments:

Post a Comment