Shabby Chic

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Cold brew coffee!

Ahhhhh there's nothing like that first sip of coffee that runs all the way down to your toes. I love coffee in any form. It can be hot, iced, blended, steamed, pressed, or even chocolate covered. Yes! I really did just say chocolate covered. Chocolate covered coffee beans are delicious! There's also coffee flavored chocolate you can buy that contain the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee. I do love the chocolate, but nothing takes the place of my cup of coffee. 

I have posted for awhile about me starting my day off with cold brew. I learnt about cold brew from the pioneer woman. Once I made it for myself I was in love. I have always made iced coffee with brewed coffee and you either have to let it cool all the way down or you will have a very weak drink due to the ice melting. This method allows the coffee grounds to soak in cold water over night and release all the good qualities into the water. When finished, you have a full blast cold coffee that's made just for ice. Let's begin. 

Step 1: 
Buy a good quality *single origin ground coffee or whole bean if you prefer to grind the beans yourself. I buy mine from Aldi's. It's a fair trade single origin medium coffee that taste amazing! 



Step 2:
Measure out 2 cups and pour into a 1 gallon pitcher. 




Step 3:
Pour filtered water into the gallon pitcher until full. 




Step 4: 
Stir until well blended and all grounds are soaked well. 





Step 5:
Cover and place the pitcher in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, but it's even better if soaked overnight.

Step 6:
The next morning strain the freshly soaked coffee grounds using a fine mesh strainer and/or cheesecloth. I used a large bowl to catch my fresh cold brew coffee. 








Step 7:
Once your cold brew is completely strained, discard the grinds, rinse out the pitcher, and pour your fresh cold brew back into the pitcher. 

Step 8:
You now have a pitcher full of perfectly extracted cold brew to enjoy. Pour over ice, add cream, and enjoy! 







Look at that perfect iced coffee. Feel free to add your syrups, flavors, and creamers  to suit your own taste. :) 

Hope y'all will soon enjoy cold brew as much as I do. 

*single origin coffee is a premier coffee, coming from a single place, whether that be one farmer or a group of farms. Rather than a blend of coffees from various countries, it is all from the same region. You can taste the different flavors of coffees from different countries when you buy single origin. 

Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment