Shabby Chic

Monday, March 21, 2016

Living Lowcarb (days 20 & 21!)

Another low carb day is drawing to a close. I have to say that today has been a good food day around here. I had my cold brew for breakfast and got started on my day. My morning was filled with lots of errands. I honestly think I left the house 4 separate times do accomplish different errands. Thankfully I live in town and can swing by the house to drop-off, pick-up, grab lunch, and pee when I need to. :)

Since we were away last week and I couldn't be too choosy about my foods, this week I am trying to eat lots of green leafy items. I do love my spinach and I incorporated into lunch and dinner.

For lunch I had a huge green salad. Seriously, it was humongous! I know I used at least a half a bag of fresh spinach. I also chopped up some fresh dill and chives to toss along with the spinach. I topped the goodly greens with some feta crumbles, grated parmesan cheese, and real bacon bits. I'm trying to cut out my regular salad dressing, and opted for dijon mustard instead. It was definitely a tangy twist from my usual ranch flavor.



For a healthy twist on a modern snack food, I took some mozzarella string cheese, rolled them in egg, battered them in pecan flour and lightly pan fried them in olive oil. They were so tasty! 






The remainder of my day I worked on my new business adventure. I whipped up a batch of sweet orange salt scrub. I tried it and was immediately in love with the softness of my hands. Please check out our FizzEz etsy shop, FB page, and IG page for more info!




For supper I created a spinach stuffed pork loin. Like I said, I'm getting my greens in this week if it kills me! ;) I paired the pork with seasoned asparagus, (more green!) and basil cherry tomatoes. The tomatoes were a huge hit with the hubs! The basil gives them a unique fresh flavor. Actually, everything was a hit with Chris. The only complaint I had from him was when he walked in and I had his supper on floor (let me clarify...the food was on a plate, and the plate was on a huge piece of paper, and the paper was the only thing touching the floor. I promise!) for optimal photo shots. Haha! Y'all should've seen the look on his face. :o 
















There ya have it folks! Another low carb day complete. Hope y'all enjoyed the post.

Till next time,
Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment