Shabby Chic

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Living kinda lowcarb (days 10,11, & 12!)

Ohno! Someone had carbs today. :(  I'm not going to hate on myself too much. I went 11 days without any bread, pasta, or sweets. I'm also really proud that I didn't go overboard and do too much damage. 

We woke up this morning and had to get packed to travel to Indiana. We are such last minute packer people. I had my cup of cold brew, a hot shower, and prayers to get me going. I'm really really really going to miss my cold brew the next few days. :o By the time we had packed and loaded up to go, it was lunch time. We made it to Lexington and stopped at Copper River Grill. They have a fabulous salad. The ham in it is just heavenly! This my dear followers is where my carbs came from that I partook of. There on the plate, pictured below, is a fresh flaky croissant roll with honey butter. Just sitting there begging me to take its pure sweetness into my carb deprived mouth. I could hear the crispy outer layer crinkle when my fork accidentally hit it while forking up leafy greens. I imagined the chewy doughy inner layer just waiting to be tasted. I tried to say no. I tried to not look at it. I almost asked the waiter to take it from me, but like Jesus, the cup didn't pass from me. So I lifted my hand and just gently caressed it. It even felt scrumptious to my carb deprived hands. I gently took it in my hands and brought to my nose and took a big whiff. It smelled like I had just walked into a French bakery in Paris. I lowered it slightly to my lip and ran my tongue out to taste the sweet honey butter. That was all it took. I'm being honest here. The next thing I knew was that I had half of the croissant shoved in my mouth and was slightly moaning at the pure awesomeness of this sugary carb filled treat. When I came to my senses I saw my husband looking at me, a rather startled expression on his face. I guess I was being a little too intimate with my carb laden friend. I quickly bit half of it off and dropped the other half back onto my salad bowl. The waiter came by and grabbed it just in the nick of time. Whew! I don't know what might've happened had I gotten my hands back on the other half. :o




Chris rather aggressively got me out of that place quick! Next stop was Starbucks. I ordered us both a low carb frappé and we hit the road again. 




I did all the driving so a certain someone could nap. Although this certain someone actually plays on his phone instead of napping. **insert rolled eyes here** 

We made it to Ohio and surprised Latasha and her family with a quick visit. Jonah ask if I wanted to see his toys and that's where we stayed until time to go. :) He's such a ham! I made Latasha some Vicks shower cubes to help her cold. Hopefully they help. They smell stout enough that she should be able to open the jar and just snort and huff the aroma, if nothing else. I also added glitter to make them pretty. (So don't snort that, Tosh!) 




When we left Latasha's house I decided I wanted to just go look at a chocolate donut at Dunkin Donuts. Believe it or not, I just looked this time and didn't partake! I did however get myself a plain coffee. Like I really needed another coffee, huh? I will be peeing all night. 

We made it to Indiana and stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings for supper. I'm sure I had carbs here as well, due to the sauces, but hopefully not too many. 




We tried the mild, parmesan, lemon pepper, and carribian jerk. They were all wonderful, but the carribian jerk tingled my whole face! They were hot hot hot!!! 

We have now made it safely to the church and are pretty much settled in for the night. Pray for us and the services here this week. Chris will be preaching here through Wednesday night. Hopefully we can be a help to someone. 

That's a post and a half! Hope y'all enjoyed. 

Till later,
Lacey 

No comments:

Post a Comment