Shabby Chic

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Living lowcarb (day 3!)

I got a wild idea last night to up my leg presses to 200lbs and now I am greatly regretting it! My back has ached all day. I felt the pressure in my back while I was performing the presses, but I brushed it off as nothing to cause me worry. I am now wishing I had listened to the pressure and worried. I have taken it easy all day today and didn't even work out this evening. Hopefully it will be back to normal tomorrow. :) 

To get started on my day I decided to try a new recipe for an egg frittata. Egg frittata sounds so fancy, but actually it's just oven scrambled eggs. Ha! That just reminded me that you can also hard boil eggs in an oven. Wait, **making mental note to try** ok, so I added pretty much the same ingredients that I use for cheesy egg scramble, whisked it up, and poured the egg mixture into my muffin pan. They turned out quiet cute. I was feeling very fancy eating my egg frittatas in bed. ;) Who says you can't fix yourself breakfast in bed sometimes? I'm a firm believer in spoiling myself. 





Throughout the day I snacked on some almonds and a few porkrinds. I don't love porkrinds, but they will do for a quick snack.  

I had fixed Miles, (a man we pick up for church,) a plate of food last night, but he wasn't home to receive it. For my lunch today I had Miles' supper. That sounds terrible, I know! Bless his heart. I did enjoy it immensely. 



Supper consisted of sautéed cheesy spinach, and beef tips and onions. Chris has proclaimed that since I stay home all the time I am becoming quiet the chef. I'm fairly certain it has more to do with me actually cooking than just being home all the time, but I'm just glad he thinks so. ;) Chris has really surprised me with how he has tried, liked, and even loved some of the concoctions I have created. Tonight's supper was no exception. It was very tasty and he cleaned up all the leftovers for me. 




The beef tips and onions were pan fried in coconut oil and hand squeezed orange juice. The meat was so tender and juicy. As every drop of that tropical flavored deliciousness landed on my tongue, I could easily imagine myself on a sunny beach with my feet in the sand. The wind lightly lifting my skirt with its breeze. An iced sweet tea in one hand and a mystery novel in the other. My eyes wandering from the words on the page to catch a glimpse of my hubby carrying our small toddler on his hip as they splashed through ankle deep water. Ahhhhhh yes...food can seriously take you anywhere! ;) 

I'm also currently dreaming of chocolate cupcake Oreos thanks to the picture the hubby just sent me. I MUST go eat a grapefruit. I MUST get back to my tropical paradise before the flesh weakens. Here I come warm sandy beach! Oh look! There's Mamaw! Wait for meeeeeeeeeeeee...

Hope y'all enjoyed! 

Till tomorrow,
Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment