Shabby Chic

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Living lowcarb (day 19!)

It's been another wonderful low carb day around here. After our ball playing and late night rambling, I slept in until nearly 11am. Once I put the first bit of weight on my knees and legs I was immediately regretting all the running around I did last night. My everything was SORE! I'm certainly showing my age. It's a good thing we only do that once a month. I think I need a full month just to recuperate! 

I started my day off with a blackberry smoothie. I just love the pretty purple color. I can't remember what all I put in it, but I do know I used chia seeds. Tosha had ask me if I used them and I actually hadn't in a long time. I forgot how good they are for the body. I will be incorporating them into my foods more often. 




Chris was wanting sloppy joes for supper, but I knew the canned version would be full of carbs and sugars. I went on a Pinterest hunt to find something similar to cook from scratch. I found a recipe I had the ingredients for and that I thought sounded good. 




I ate mine on a bed of spinach. It was superb! Chris loved it! 

I had also made some low carb bread. It's more like a egg muffin, but would make a great cornbread substitution. It was actually pretty good. 




Then I cut the muffin in half and made an open face sloppy joe with it. It was not bad. Not bad at all. 




I was really craving something creamy for dessert, like maybe ice cream. I love chocolate mint shakes and right now everyone is enjoying the shamrock shakes so I made my healthy version. It was scrumptious! 




The recipe included avocodo, cottage cheese, coconut milk, heavy cream, 70% chocolate, peppermint extract, and ice. It was the perfect alternative to Arby's famous mint chocolate shake. :) 


Hopefully you have all enjoyed your Saturday. I have enjoyed it mostly as a day of rest.  ;) 

Till tomorrow,
Lacey 

No comments:

Post a Comment