Shabby Chic

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Living lowcarb (day 22!)

Another wonder low carb day draws to an end. I started out my day with cold brew and my new strawberry chia pudding. Both were super delish! 


I actually lost track of time and before I knew it, it was time for supper. I hadn't had lunch yet so snacked on a string cheese and some porkrinds while created my supper dishes.

I have always wanted to cook stuffed chicken, but have never taken the time to do it. I still am not quiet sure I prepared it the right way, but I just did my own thing and thankfully it turned out pretty tasty. We had "green" chicken, as my family called it. The "green" part consisted of kale, spinach, and chives all whipped up together in a block of cream cheese, garlic and butter. I cut the chicken breasts in thin halves, spread a layer of "green" on them, rolled them up, and secured the rolls with a toothpick. I popped them in the oven and let the rolls bake for nearly a hour on 250. The last 15 minutes, I turned the heat up to 350.    



I also prepared a broccoli salad that consisted of broccoli and cauliflower puree, mayo, olive oil, and seasoning. I mixed it all together and then topped shredded cheese. It was more the consistency of cornbread casserole that broccoli casserole, but the taste was good, and for that I am thankful. You just never know with me and my creations. ;)  


I needed just one more side, so I combined some chopped tomatoes and avocados with fresh dill and basil. I tossed it all together with some olive oil and it was a very pretty and also tasty dish.


My first plate. It was so good I just had to have seconds. :)


Another great day of great foodies. That's just how I like it!

Thanks for tuning in!
Lacey


No comments:

Post a Comment