Shabby Chic

Monday, March 31, 2014

Day #7

What a day!!!

Got up this morning at 3:30 am and fixed myself some warm lemon water and a healthy breakfast. I whipped up two eggs and some spinach and scrambled them together. A dash a of pepper, a BIG handful of little tomatoes and I was set! 


Off to work I went. Working at a fast food restaurant is hard. Not only do you leave all greasy, but you are on your feet all day, and get to deal with some pretty hateful people. The last couple days I worked, my feet and back killed me. Chris ran to walmart last night and got me some inserts that actually helped a little. My back didn't hurt today and my feet weren't as bad as usual. 

The other bad thing about working around food is well, working around food. ;) All the smells of bacon, biscuits, hashrounds, onion rings, chicken, burgers, and every other food smell you can think of. These last few days haven't been bad at all! This is the first diet plan that I have followed where I wasn't craving all those foods. My body is literally readjusting to smells and tastes. I carve more veggies, I find fruit and nuts to be sweet tasting. Thank The Lord for this! I'm one who diets a few days and then dives headlfirst into a gallon of ice cream. This time I'm enjoying my healthy ways. :) 

So back to today, I came home (my mom is here for the week) and mom needed us to go run some errands. So I grabbed some broccoli and ate it. Then I whipped up some almond milk, spinach, and berries in the blender and drank it. I was in such a hurry that I didn't get pics. Sorry. 

Mom and I ran around town for hours! We shopped and shopped. :) I love having her here to do stuff with. And she is sooooo glad to be with me too! ;) Even when I'm only going on 4 & 1/2 hrs of sleep. It usually just makes it all the more interesting. 

After we got home I started supper. We had black bean burgers, steamed asparagus, and avocado. It was DEELISH! (To me anyways!) 


For dessert we tried a new fruit. It's called "Horned Mellon." The best way to describe it would be to call it "natural jello." I liked it. Chris and mom didn't care to much for it. We had to look up online how to eat it. Lol! What would I do without google?! 




also made nut butter!!!! I love it! It's so fresh tasting. Then I tried making my own Nutella. Except mine is all natural. It is amazing!!!! I felt like I usually do when I lick the brownie batter.  I wanted to stick my tongue in the bowl and lick all the sides. ;) (and I did!) 

Nut butter

My Nutella. 

Well folks, it has been a full day. Tomorrow holds more of the same so I'm gonna catch some zzzzz's and dreams. :) 

Night y'all,
Lacey 


1 comment:

  1. Ok, so the Nut Butter actually looks quite tasty! I'm now in wonder what the ingredients are!? This may be somewhat Atkins friendly!?

    ReplyDelete