Shabby Chic

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day #1

Ohmy! I will just be completely honest and tell you that right now I am craving ice cream, brownies, pasta, sauces, and pretty much everything that isn't a fruit or vegetable. ;) 

I have a slight headache which I assume is from having no caffeine today, but it is bearable. I also am lacking in the energy department. I have zilch...nanda...none at all! I assume that is from not having any sugar/carbs today. This too shall pass!!! Hopefully sooner rather than later. 

So I started this morning with a cup of hot lemon water. There are so many health benefits gained from drinking warm lemon water. It aids in the digestive system. It is loaded with vitamin C. It helps boost the immune system. And many more! 

It wasn't too terrible to drink, but it will take some getting used to. I used half of a lemon and squeezed it into my cup of warm water. 



Next I was ready for breakfast. I had 2 eggs (from my chickens), an avocado, and 2 strawberries. This very different from my usual pop tart and coffee or sugary cereal. 




For lunch I had a chicken breast, tomatoes, and mashed carrots. Then for a snack I ate blueberries and a spoonful of organic nut butter. 




For supper I fixed lean beef patties and an all green salad with homemade dressing. I puckered a little bit when I tasted my dressing. (It is mostly apple cider vinegar and fresh lemon juice.)




My husband has already abandoned ship on me. Well, not totally, but he said he just couldn't eat as extreme as I am. He still wants to eat healthy, but he needs his ranch dressing! ;)  I told him I didn't care at all. As long as he is making more healthy choices than before, that's progress. 

I admit that I am glad Day #1 is almost over. It has been very challenging, but I am determined to take it a day at a time. Tomorrow is a work day so I'm a little anxious as how I am going to make this work at work. Stay with me and I will keep you updated. :) 

Luv y'all, 
Lacey



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are doing really good so far! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete