Shabby Chic

Friday, March 28, 2014

Day #4

Hello weekend!!! I am so glad it's FRIDAY! This has been a very difficult week, but things are getting better. I had more energy today than any other days so far since starting the plan. It's a good thing to because work was pretty busy! 


This morning I started out with my usual warm lemon water. It has really been helping my throat. I recommend it to anyone. It just tastes so good and fresh. 


Since today was a work day I had to get up at 3:30 am and fix breakfast. I fixed myself 2 eggs, an avocado, and a banana. 



After looking for my keys for forever and running a little late, I ran off to work with a orange and a lemon in my little baggy. I had the orange for a snack and used the lemon to flavor my water. I drank so much water today. I'm really proud of myself. I went 4 days with only drinking water. :)))) 


Well by the time noon rolled around I had made it home from work and I was pooped! I did NOT feel like cooking anything to eat. Honestly, if there had of been anything healthy or unhealthy in the cabinets I probably would have grabbed whatever and went to town on it. I'm now thankful that I cleaned all the junk out of the cupboards at the first of the week. 


So I grabbed 3 carrots out of the fridge, dipped them in some hummus, and chomped like a rabbit. 


Mary B, I can only imagine how much I sounded like you when you crunch your ice! ;) 



Then I rested! And rested a little more. Ahhhh. Peace. Quiet. Zzzzzzz. 

Then the hubs came home. 

Our weekends has always consisted of eating out (several times) and having date nights. My husband's biggest concern about The Daniel Plan was not getting to go out to eat anymore. So I made a compromise and we went out to eat for supper. Gotta keep the man of the house happy don't ya know. 


And I cheated. :( 



I ate a roll! An O Charley's roll! The holy grail of rolls!!! It was so fresh and soft and buttery!!! 


But,


I only ate one!!! What!!! Talk about self control! I'm really learning! 


And then I ate a scrumptious salad with no dressing. :))) 



I love squeezing fresh lemon or lime juice on my salad rather than drenching it in dressing. You really won't believe the taste difference. I can actually taste the different fruit/veggie flavors. Yummmmmy! 


The husband convinced me that we could go out and still eat healthy. I did pretty good. I was proud of myself. And as far as the hubs. Well.....



Doesn't he look a little shameful of his burger and fries??? Lol! Actually I am really proud of him. All week he has eaten what I cooked for supper with no (hardly any) complaints. :) 




And I licked my platter clean! :) 


I hope y'all have a great weekend! 

Luv ya!

Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment