Shabby Chic

Monday, March 24, 2014

The Daniel Plan

I know I haven't blogged in like forever! Life gets busy and I end up on the ride of my life and forget to write it all down.

We had a great Christmas and New Year. Then things got hectic...back to school, back to work, Church stuff going on and lots of crazy in our lives. 😉

With the New Year came those "ideas" that this year would be my healthy year. I was gonna get healthy, loose weight, and feel better. Well, before I knew it, it was March and I had yet to anything different. Feeling disgusted with myself, I went in search of biblical plans for getting healthy rather than secular. Now I'm not dissing any plans or programs, but for me those others just weren't getting to me like I needed them to and I would never stick to them. I needed something with a scripture basis. 

After much prayer and research I have found a plan that I am going to try. It's called "The Daniel Plan." It's co-written by a pastor from California. This plan really focuses on God's plan for us Spiritually and Physically. I've not read the whole book yet, but so far I'm loving what I'm reading. It's a very thought provoking and interesting book. 

I'm an emotional eater. I use food to comfort me, I use food to celebrate anything and everything, and I use food fill voids. I guess I use food for just about everything except "real nutrition." It's been the same way with exercising. I blame my unwillingness to do anything on everything I can. In truth, I've just become lazy. 

Tomorrow my husband and I will be starting with the 10 day challenge. I will be posting our progress, victories, and failures to help keep me accountable. Please follow along with us. We will need all the encouragement we can get. 😀 

Luv y'all!
Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment