Shabby Chic

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring is here!

Happy 1st day of Spring!

I am very excited at the arrival of the season. :) I can't believe how much I am looking forward to warm days full of sunshine. I have always considered myself a kind of dark and dreary loving person. My mother can vouch for me. When I was younger and lived at  home, I liked my shades drawn down, the room dark and cool. I liked cloudy, sometimes even rainy days, better than I liked sunshine days. Well, not anymore. I am craving sunshine and warmth! Maybe this is something that happens as you get older, and wiser. ;))



Easter wreath I made



A little center piece I made



I am LOVING seasonal decor :)

As you can tell from the above pictures, I have really gotten into the season. I am usually one to only decorate for fall and Christmas.

I cannot even express how happy the oncoming green grass makes me. It is seriously crazy! I check outside everyday to see if the grass is more green, and if the flowers have grown since the previous day. I am so excited for when I am able to plant more flowers and even some trees. :)


Black bean burger

Tonight we had some very good black bean burgers for supper. It was a new recipe. I just love trying new foods. If you are interested, click here for the recipe. I have always liked veggie burgers, but I must say this one is my favorite thus far!



The pictures below are from another new recipe I found. This recipe is for homemade Muesli, which I found out was just a fancy word for cereal. ;) I luv luv luv it! It seriously feels you up, and if paired with a fruit, provides a very healthy breakfast. Now, I am not a health nut or anything, but I feel like if I keep making small changes in my eating, eventually I will have a whole new healthy eating habit.


Wild ingredients. I was lucky to have found them at Kroger and WalMart.

Put all ingredients into a canister.


Mix well.
Add milk and enjoy a healthy way to start your day. :)
Click here for the cereal recipe.



I hope y'all are as ready for Spring as I am. :)

God Bless,
~Lacey





8 comments:

  1. Not so sure about that fancy word but both of those recipes look AMAZING! Can't wait to try them! And omgoodness, your decorations are adorable! Spring sure has arrived to your blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG LOOK...SPRINGY :) I'm with you on the spring thing girl. I've always been a fall-winter type gAl. But this year I am sooooo ready for warmer weather! (Not hot just warm)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post! I am loving Spring!! I am soo wanting warm sunny days! I have been checking my flowers too! Not sure bout those veggie burgers, but the cereal looks divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greatly Enjoyed your post!! Spring, is my favorite time of the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey lacey..
    you may need to start a healthy foods and craft blog..lol..this burger looks yummy! and your art is springy!! beautiful..you go girl! i am fully ready for warm weather and SPRING :)
    mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I have tried to click on the link for the Muesli recipe, and for some reason it doesn't go anywhere...can you e-mail me the recipe? heatherbrock87@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete