Shabby Chic

Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring Break

I had the BEST Spring break that a girl could ask for!

My Cinderella niece, Kari, and Prince Charming nephew, Malachi, got to come to KY and stay with us for 9 days. :) I just love them!!! We always have the best time playing, eating things we shouldn't, and shopping.

I love pictures (as you can tell) and I hope you enjoy them too.




The kids and I fount an old abandoned train track to play on while Chris talked business with a client.


 
 
If you have never stopped at a place called Sweet Water Cheese factory in Philadelphia, TN, then you are missing out of some seriously awesome fresh cheese and as the kids say, "The bestest ice cream cone ever!" 
 



We I decided that since we were coming through TN anyway, we might as well go a little further and take the kids to Pigeon Forge to ride the the go~carts. What fun!!! I couldn't find their coats so we bundled them up in their robes. Too cute, right?






We ate at Mellow Mushroom and Chris and the kids were NOT impressed! I liked it, but that's not surprising. I most generally like all things that are in the food category. ;)




Saturday we took the kids to the Creation Museum. We all LOVED it!!! It was so amazing to see the bible come to life.








The dinosaurs were a big hit with them.




Sunday we enjoyed the pretty weather at the park with our Church friends.








Monday was very rainy and nasty so spend most of the day indoors playing and doing crafts.




Tuesday we met Lashei, Latasha, and Jackson at the Kids Place in Lexington.




The kids and I went to the mall and actually ended up staying till it was closing time. :O




They certainly enjoyed helping me with supper Wednesday night. Fried chicken was a hit with them, and Chris.




Thursday night their Church buddy Trinity stayed all night with them. They had a blast being together again and playing. Trinity was pretending to be very sick and had to be prayed for by Doctor/Preacher, Kari.










Friday was spent at the "bonnet people place" (Amish) as Kari calls it. We love the general store and fount kites for the kids for only .75 each. That evening we went to the park and flew their kites. They turned out to be the best kites ever!




Saturday was a GORGEOUS day and we went to the park and played the morning away. We then came home and the kids played outside. They sure enjoyed the mud!


 
I had to bid farewell to my precious sweeties Saturday night after Church. :(  I hate goodbyes! The only thing that makes it better is all the precious memories I have stored away that I can reflect on whenever I need or want to. Life with these two kids is never boring, and I find myself smiling--sometimes with tears in my eyes-- at every thought of them. They are such a joy to have around. :)
 
 
I hope y'all enjoyed the post and pictures. I guess now I have no excuse for eating lots of pizza and ice cream. :/ It is back to the ol' diet for me.
 
I pray you all have a great week!
God Bless,
~Lacey 

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had one more blast! What would we do without these little kiddo's?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great lacey..im so glad you had this week with them..and had such a grand time..love mamaw

    ReplyDelete