Shabby Chic

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Fitness Club

I have never been a fan of gyms or fitness places. For one reason, I do not enjoy being around others when my flubber is flapping! I would rather flap alone.  ;)  Also, there is so many skinny and athletic people there that I tend to feel intimidated and therefore worse about myself. I'm very self conscience and insecure about my weight. I have never been a skinny person and have always battled with my weight. I guess once I got married it was easy to say forget it and just drown myself in all kinds of comfort food. Chris loves me no matter what, but loosing weight is not for his benefit. It is for mine. It is sad when I wake up at the age of 25 and I feel like an old woman with no energy or desire to get out of the house. It is NOT healthy for the body or the mind. So for the first time in my life, I joined a fitness club.

Throughout the past year I have gotten into these mindsets where I want to diet and exercise, but when I didn't see immediate results I got discouraged and quit. I have to remind myself that the ark wasn't built in a day. Noah probably felt foolish and even embarrassed at times. He was building a boat to save them from something they had never seen or heard of, but Noah never gave up. He kept on working.

So Saturday I walked into the fitness club feeling a little like Noah. I went to the back room so I could get as far away from other people as possible. I fount a secluded corner and tried out the stair stepper, bicycle, and the elliptical. People probably looked at me on the elliptical with my bright red face and sweat pouring and thought, "Man, she's fighting a loosing battle!" I have had this same thought about myself for too long! It's not a loosing battle, it is a journey. It may take me a while to get to where I'm going, but eventually, if I pace myself and stick with it, I will get there.

When I left the club I felt so much better. Of course, after just one day, I didn't look at myself in the mirror and see a flat tummy and firm skin, but I felt good about myself. I made a good choice and I
was proud. From now on I'm going to take it a day at a time and trust God to help me. 

In other news...I will be heading down south this Friday to pick up two adorable little kids. Kari and Malachi are going to stay with me for my Spring break week. I cannot wait!!!!! We are going to have a blast. Please pray that there is no sickness this time. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day in the Lord,
~Lacey



8 comments:

  1. yay!!!!!!!!! way to go lacey..i am proud of you..i love you..mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mamaw!!! I love you bunches n bunches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 100% relate! It's too easy to get discouraged by not seeing immediate results but things won't get better if we give up too soon. So glad we can encourage each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! Preach it! Ha! You are not only motivating yourself, you are also motivating me! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am gonna have to go out and walk more that just a mile after this sermon! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had soooooo many obstacles in my way to try and exercise. My feet hurt, but they got better. Then I hurt my back, but it's getting better. I was put on steroids that starve me to death so I have been eating like crazy! Just reading this has encouraged me to try, try again. I always wanted to join curves, but my husband doesn't want me too. :( Can't wait until spring so I can get outside! Good luck on your weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ALL for the comments! We can help encourage one another! I need all the help along the way that I can get. :) Luv y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish so much that there was fitness club here! Or just something for women b/c I get intimidated too but I'm sloooowly getting to where I dont much care! lol I'm proud of you for going!! We can all get encouragement from one another coz we can do this!!

    ReplyDelete