Shabby Chic

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Praise On My Every Labored Breath!

I woke up this morning at 4am to the MercyMe song, "Move!" I absolutely love this song. The peppy music and catchy words woke me up feeling energized and alive!

I had told Chris last night that I wanted to get up and hit the gym early so maybe there wouldn't be too many people there. He was skeptical to say the least. ;) I don't have a very good record of getting up at 4am. Ever.

When we pulled in at the gym I was astonished to see 4 vehicles there! I mean really! What kind of crazy person goes to the gym at 4am?

I turned on Pandora and started my MaryMary station. They play some great music on there. Would you believe it, my favorite song started playing. Have any of you heard, "Something about the name Jesus," by Rance Allen? Well, I LOVE it! If you haven't heard it go look it up. It is awesome, and so uplifting. :)

With my favorite song playing in my ears I started exercising on the elliptical. I had never used an elliptical before joining, and actually found out that I really like it. The more I listened to Rance "getting down, " the faster I went, and the harder it got for me to sing along with him.

I could feel the blood pushing through my veins and even though I labored for every breath, I also felt as if every breath was deeper and stronger. The body is a such a marvelous thing. God is so creative! I started thinking about how blessed I am to have all my limbs, and the use of my muscles. I have a sound mind that lets me wake up and know what I am doing and where I am. After pondering this a while I decided it was a blessing for me to be able to exercise! I am going to try to think of exercising like this from now on. If it wasn't for God, I wouldn't be able to move, think, or talk. I want to do everything as if I was doing it for the Glory of God!

So with every labored breath I take, I'm gonna let it be a breath of praise to God! A praise for who he is, what he did, and what he allows me to do!

Have a blessed Tuesday and in all things, Give Thanks!
~Lacey

4 comments:

  1. Let me get this straight. You got up at FOUR AM?!? CRAZY! lol! Gooooooooooooo Lacey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How encouraging! Life would be so much more positive if we could all have this perspective... I'm going to remember this in the morning when I'm hitting snooze to avoid my exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl!!! At 4 a.m. this morning Madison and I were eating a really early snack...shame on us!
    P.s. I started a blog :) check it out if you want
    Livingthesweetlife-Heather.hotspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry...this kindle has a mind of its own sometimes! It is
    Livingthesweetlife-Heather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete