Shabby Chic

Monday, April 2, 2012

Total Surrender

I just had to share my little testimony.

I have recently had to face this issue in my life that I honestly never thought I'd have to face. I'll be honest, I had a hard time of it. I prayed about it, but only to a certain point. I became willing to whatever God wanted, but only if I could keep this little part of me to myself and not give it. Sunday morning I felt God deal with my heart like never before. Isn't it just amazing how God never forgets the things we do? We were having such a good service and the spirit of Lord was in the place dealing with people. It was wonderful, but when my hands went up to praise him.....this one certain thing kept popping into my mind. I couldn't get away from it. I was saying "Lord I'm willing, but I've got to have just this little piece to hold onto." That's when he spoke to my heart like never before. He reminded me of a church service probably a year ago when I had my feet, hands, and head anointed with oil and I told the Lord that I was his servant to use me whenever and however. I told him to use me to do his will and let everything I did bring glory to his name. He ever so gently reminded me that I was the one who prayed that prayer and commit ed myself to surrender all. Well let me just say sometimes we better be careful what we pray for unless we are truly willing. I had to totally surrender Sunday morning and although the flesh didn't want to I have had such a wonderful peace today. God knew I hadn't totally surrendered. He was asking of me the very thing I felt I had to keep, but once I let it go.......I felt a freedom like never before. I know that the bible says he will never give us more than we can bear and he proved to me once again that his word is true. Sometimes it is so hard to just let go, but he has been faithful to me and I want to be faithful to him!

I love this quote, "God does not require a man to have one talent, three talents, or five talents. He only requires that a man be faithful with whatever he has been given. ~Anonymous

Have a good night and God Bless!
~Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment