Shabby Chic

Monday, April 16, 2012

A Weekend in Nashville

This past weekend I went to Nashville for the International Phi Theta Kappa convention. It was exhausting, but fun.



Each state was represented by officers and the state flag. It was so awesome!!!



Lighting of the torch........


Our International President and the four division vise Presidents.


Left to Right: Emma, Liz, Katheryn, Me, and Ruby




Our Commit to Complete College Challenge


Headed to dinner.......




Alpha Phi Kappa......Our Lexington Chapter



All our Kentucky Chapter Members


Delicious Dinners ....................






The Gaylord Hotel



It was gorgeous!!!!!!







Chris went down with me and played the role of personal shopper, dresser, planner, chauffeur, chef and so much more! Bless his heart...if he hadn't kept up with my stuff and kept me on my schedule, I would have been a mess! And late for every conference! I know the Bible says that he that findeth a wife findeth a good thing, but I must say I sure did find a good husband and a GREAT and WONDERFUL thing. :)
I serioulsy couldn't have made it without you baby!!!













What's Nashville without a little Elvis? ;)





Chris and I drove to downtown Nashville around 10pm one night and I must say it was a real eye opener. There was a bar or strip club in every other building. There was homeless people pushing their buggies with all their belongings in it. There was people playing guitars, drums, or just singing and they had little plates set out to take donations. There was drunks everywhere! One poor little ol man was walking around trying to open every door he came to. He had no clue where he was. It was so sad. I am so thankful for where I live with my sweet family and friends, but most of all I'm so thankful for a Savior who loves and cares for his people. I can't imagine living life without him. It brings me to tears when I think of what a life some peole live when the only hope they have is in a pill or a bottle. I couln't face life and make through one day if wasn't for the grace and peace of God! Looking into to the eyes of those lost souls really maked me think of just where I would be if not for the love of God.

Have a good night and God Bless!
~Lacey

5 comments:

  1. It finally updates me when you have a new blog post! Yay! Love your pictures! Looks like you were busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!! hmmmhmmm.....you need to update asap! ;)

    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you gals have these blogs so I can keep up with you and see your pics! Love you!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love You Tooo!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pics! I'm ready to cash in on your and Uncle's offer to take us back to Nashville to see that mall! :)

    ReplyDelete