Shabby Chic

Monday, April 23, 2012

My Letter



If all my 5 faithful bloggers will excuse me I like to write a letter to the most wonderful person in the world......my mommy.

Dear Mommy,

I went to your house yesterday evening after you and dad had left and I was doing just fine. I even cleaned the house up a little. I separated some yard sale items and got them taken care of. I started you a pile of stuff I think you may want to take with you when you make a trip back. Then I walked into the little room to get all the church paperwork together so I could get started on it. I fount your little note, read it, and absolutely felt like I'd been hit with a MAC truck. Since you all decided to go to Alabama I have been so busy with getting things ready, planning and organizing for your last special service here that I haven't had the luxury to sit down and just think about how this is really going to effect me and my life. Boy did I get to last night. I sat in that nearly empty house and all I could do was think. I tried not too, but I thought, I guess there won't be no more skipping over to Moms for Sunday dinner. No more late Sunday evening trip to DQ. No more spur of the moment Lexington trips to spend all our money on pretzel bites, Godiva, and Starbucks. I'm used to being able to see you whenever I want, now I have to wait till we can arrange a time that fits our schedules. I hate it! I hate it! I hate it! How can I make it for weeks at a time without a hug and kiss from mommy? Where do I go now when I feel like I'm falling apart and your not just 15 minuets away? You are not just my mommy, but you are my best Friend! How can I make it without my best friend? How can I make this change in my life without your constant tangible love, support and encouragement? At a time in my life that I feel I need you more than ever.....why this? Mommy, I miss you so much!!!!! It's like being on a diet. You know how when you can't have something that is all you can think about? That is what you crave? Well that's how I feel. I know you are so far away and all I can think about is if I could just hold your hand one more time. If I could just have you pray with me or more time with your arm around me. If I could just sit and ramble on about the ups and downs of life one more time. If I could just hug your neck one more time. Or kiss your cheek. I feel like a faltering weed rather than a budding flower. Mommy, I feel so lost without you. I admit I'm a much better follower than a leader, I'll do all I can with the help of the Lord to be all I can in him. Mommy, I love you! I wanna make you and dad proud!I wanna make God proud! I wanna be strong like you, I wanna be kind like you, I wanna love like you, I wanna PRAY like you! I want to have a Pastor's Wife heart like you! Thank you for being such a wonderful mommy! You are the very best in the world!!!!!! I love and miss you so much!!!!! And when we do get to see each other again I'm gonna squeeze you in a big bear hug and never let go! (till I have to) :)

Till I see you again!
Your loving daughter,
Lacey

8 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD!! *tears* I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears, tears, and more tears! We love you all too and thanks so much for all your help. We appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, what a puddle of tears I have in front of me! Changes in life isn't easy to get over, but with the Lord's help we can make it through. Knowing your in the perfect will of God, there is peace! I have been praying for you and I will continue to do so. We you guys so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok... I am crying now! I don't have a relationship with my mom... but I admire those of you that do.. I am quite envious. I would love to have a mom as great as yours. Prayers for you guys... and as a MOM, I know that your momma, is feeling those feelings in even greater magnitude with missing her wonderful daughter!!! God Bless! TOnya Howard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you stinkin' kidding me? Thanks a lot. I hadn't cried in about an hour. Now I've cried again.

    I remember what it was like when I went to Texas...14 hours away. You just want to lay on your mommy's lap and drink her in for days and days and days. :(

    Love you,
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you Lacey"I cant imagine the lonliness you feel right now as her daughter,but we are praying for all of you,and Ashley and the babies.Bless all of your hearts.Ive cried til Larry made me promise to not cry anymore.Ive thought the same thing,Shes no longer 3 min.away anymore!!!What am I gonna do now.She is the best friend Ive ever had,Shes cried laughed walked and prayed with me thru everything over the last year,now Im lost but at the same time so happy for them.God is blessing them beyond measure.Love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Lacey! I cannot imagine what you are feeling! I was okay the first time I read this but then I read it to Steven and I BAWLED! Love ya girly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok. I'm crying. I can't imagine. How you are feeling.

    ReplyDelete