Shabby Chic

Monday, October 8, 2012

Falling in love with Fall

Fall is here at last! Cool weather...the fire blazing...pumpkin spice coffee...sweatshirts...sweaters...leggings...boots...and I must say I am in love! I have always liked the fall of the year, but it seems like I am loving it even more as we progress into the season. And of course there is carmel apples......a favorite of ours!!!

I have been looking for some good ways to make carmel and I found a simple way to make it on Pinterest. The pinner boasted of perfection and delisiousness in this simple how~to and so I decided to try it.


All you need is a crock-pot. (I just used my small one)







A can of sweetened condensed milk. (I used GV brand)






You put the whole can in the crock-pot and cover with water. After cooking the can in the crock-pot for 8hrs on low and then cooling in the fridge....you will open the jar to an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G treat! (be sure to cool or it will expload when you open the jar......yes I learnt this the hard way)






I served it up with a platter of fresh apples for dessert for my sweet hubby. He loves apples and carmel and I was anxious to see if he liked it.






The taste test........










 
 
 
 
 
 
So now we have a new Fall favorite thanks to Pinterest. I encourage you to try it. It is DELISH!!!

Till I blog again.....Lacey












3 comments:

  1. So glad you finally blogged again :)Lovin'fall here as well. I have heard this little caramel trick from several people and have thought of trying it! May just have to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks delish!! Looks like something I need to stay away from. ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah....I know! I am trying to so better. Life has been so crazy her lately. :)

    Mother....Yep! It is gonna be a special occasion food. Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete